A weekly meme for TV lovers! Each Tuesday I will ask you three questions related to television in some way. Answer on your own page, or in the comment box if you don't have a page. Have fun, and come back often!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Let's get started.
May sweeps just finished, featuring a month of season and series finales. We crowned a new American Idol, found the new Survivor, said goodbye to some old friends and were left hanging about what was behind the hatch and just who Vaughn really is. (To name a few). This week, we'll take a look at the season finales...
1. OK, so tell us--which season and series finales did you watch and how would you rank them?
2. What were you top three or five season finales this year? (This can cover shows like Arrested Development and Battlestar Galactica that wrapped up their seasons before May)
3. What was the worst season or series finale this year?
4. Were there any shows that exited stage left that you will miss? Any shows that maybe should be given the axe and weren't?
As always, leave a link back to your answers in the comments section!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005
1. Do you like awards shows? If you do, what do you like best about them? If you're not a fan, tell us why.
2. Which awards show is your favorite? Are there any awards shows you can live without?
3. Do you tune into the red carpet specials before the awards shows?
~ BONUS ~ Have you ever been to an awards show or to the red carpet? Is there one that you'd like to attend? Or would you be more interested in the after-show parties with the stars?
As always, please leave a link to your answers in the comments! Thanks for playing!
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
This week, we turn our attention to...the Super Bowl.
1. How much of this year's Super Bowl did you watch? Do you watch any of the pre-game hype?
2. What was your favorite commercial during the Super Bowl? Least favorite?
3. Did you like the half-time show?
4. What's your favorite food to eat while watching the Super Bowl?
~ BONUS ~ A lot has been made over the years about the post-Super Bowl slot to highlight or launch TV shows. It was the post-Super Bowl spot that brought us the A-Team and the Wonder Years. Do you stay up to watch the post-Super Bowl shows? What is the most memorable post-Super Bowl show you've seen?
As always, please leave a link to your answers in the comments!
Monday, January 24, 2005
This week, we take a look at the shows on Nick-at-Night.
1. Of the many shows that run on Nick-at-Night, what is the one that you would most enjoy sitting down and watching a marathon of?
2. What classic show from yesterday has not made it to Nick-at-Nite yet, but you'd like to see it there?
3. Have repeat on Nick-at-Night given you a new appreciation of an older show? Which one?
4. What show that is currently on the air do you think our kids will be watching in 20 years on Nick-at-Nite?
5. What is one show that Nick-at-Nite currently runs that you question if the classic label applies to?
~ BONUS ~ Are there some shows that don't repeat well in later years because they rely on topical humor? (For example, a lot of the Murphy Brown jokes rely on a knowledge of current events when they were produced) Do you sometimes find yourself getting the jokes that younger generations don't? Do you think this topical humor helps or hurts shows from having a long life in repeats?
As always, leave a link to your answer in the comments!
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
For those of you who might not be aware, there is a web site called JumptheShark.com. The site attempts to find the exact moment when a TV show goes from being really good to being not as good. The Jump the Shark refers to the infamous Happy Days episode where Fonzie jumped over a shark on water skis. After that, it was all downhill for the show. (If you head over to the Jump the Shark web site, you can see a huge database of shows and the moment when fans feel they made the fateful jump.)
Right now, fans are debating if a couple of shows aren't becoming Shark bait. So, this week, we'll take a look at just when good shows go wrong.
1. What is the worst Jump the Shark moment for a show that you've faithfully watched? Did you continue to watch after the show took the jump or did you give up in disgust?
2. Is there a show that you're currently watching that you think has Jumped the Shark? Any show that currently is putting on a life vest and strapping on water skis?
3. Is there a show that has never taken the jump?
4. Is there a show that got close to jumping but then came back?
5. What elements do you think most contribute to a show making the jump?
As always, leave your answers or a link to your answers in the comments section.
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
1. Did you watch any of the Elvis movie marathons, celebrations or retrospectives on various channels over the weekend?
2. Do you have a favorite Elvis movie? If so, which one?
3. Elvis's appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show caused quite a bit of controversy and had the censors worried about his dancing. Looking back, it's nothing compared to what the censors allow on TV today. What is the most outrageous thing you've seen on TV recently?
~ BONUS ~ Elvis's appearance on the Ed Sullivan show was a huge deal. If you were old enough to have actually seen Elvis when he appeared on the show, did you watch? What'd you think at the time? Share any memories you might have related to the event. What is your favorite Elvis TV moment or special?
Don't be cruel! Leave your hunka-hunka burnin' link in the comments sections. We'll read 'em while we have a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
Tuesday, January 04, 2005
1. Did you watch more or less TV during the holidays? Did you sample any new shows in repeats or watch reruns of your favorites to catch-up?
2. Did you get any TV on DVD as a gift during the holiday season?
3. Which do you like more--watching the ball drop in NYC or all the college football bowl games?
4. Looking forward--are there any mid-season replacements shows or any returning shows your anxious to see?
~ BONUS ~ If you watched Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve (hosted by Regis), rate this year's event without Mr. Clark. Was it good, bad? Just OK? Did you miss Dick Clark or was Regis enough for you?
Remember to leave your link or answers in the comments!!